Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Feed Your Appetite For A Juicy Burger


The meatier a burger is the better. I can skip the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, ketchup, mustard and especially the pickles, and just eat a plain old greasy cheesy burger. I can even skip bun!


Tonight's belly filling dinner wasn't extravagant, but not plain either. I made a broiled double patty burger with roma tomatoes and spinach, sandwiched between cheesy garlic dutch crunch bread. I don't think it's necessary for a recipe since all it is is seasoning beef patties to taste, then broiling until at your desired doneness. Then toasting a dutch crunch roll with butter, garlic powder, grated parmesan and mozarella cheeses, then assembling it as pictured.

When eating this burger, you may have to figure out a good gripping method as the bottom patty may want to slip away. Steve mastered it. Otherwise, do as I did, slice it in half.
The beauty of burgers is that it can be altered to your liking. Add more ingredients, take away others, or substitute it to your taste. After all it is your appetite you are feeding.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a perfect lunch, I'm with you on skipping the bun - I do like a bit of mustard with my burger. Great

    ReplyDelete